Thursday, March 12, 2015

ParserComp Intro and Links

I wasn't able to think of anything for ParserComp aside from one puzzle which I think will do nicely in a later game, but I was able to test four of the games. I'll reserve opinion on them until the judging deadline is over. If you're wondering what ParserComp is, look here. If you're wondering if you should judge, please do! It looks like ParserComp's haul of parser games is roughly equivalent to IFComp 2014's.

This post will serve as a link to the individual game reviews. I italicized the ones I did, because reasons. Also, I'm hiding scores, as I've found that I, as an author, get more from saying "Oh! I should've done that!" then from a score, which I can twist around in my mind to mean what I like.

An Adventurer’s Backyard, by lyricasylum
Down, the Serpent and the Sun, by Chandler Groover
Endless Sands, by Hamish McIntyre

Lockdown, by Richard Otter 
A Long Drink, by Owen Parks
Mean Streets, by BadDog
Six Gray Rats Crawl Up The Pillow, by Boswell Cain
Sunburn
, by Caelyn Sandel
Terminator Chaser, by Bruno Dias
Three Days of Night, by spaceflounder


Post-comp reflections:
Chlorophyll, by Steph Cherrywell (Beta-tested)
Delphina’s House, by Alice Grove (Beta-tested)

Oppositely Opal, by Buster Hudson (Beta-tested)
Terminator, by Matt Weiner (Beta-tested)


No comments:

Post a Comment